MOTU Chronicles He-Man

So, I finally watched the new Masters of the Universe movie on Prime and I liked it. Everyone was  celebrating Skeletor ( Jared Leto) but I think Trap-Jaw ( Sam C. Wilson) deserves just as much praise. Also, I was surprised at how much I liked Nick Galitzine as He-Man. He did a good job of transitioning from serious to comedic without the cringiness. Overall a great and nostalgic movie experience made even better by its accompanying line of action figures. 

I didn't intend on picking up any Chronicles figures but ultimately caved because of how much  I liked the kid friendly core line. We kick things off with the films main character. 
Right away you can see how movie accurate this figure is. Everything is pretty much spot on.

The articulation is par for the course and what we've come to expect from upper tier 6 inch action figures.  My gripe is with the waist joint. There's a small gap where the torso meets the waist that's only visible if you lean the figure back. I don't know if that's a universal problem or if it's just my figure. Everything else on this guy is pretty solid. 

As great as this figure is, I'm still partial to it's CORE counterpart. They are nearly identical. And while the Chronicles figure is bigger, has better articulation and additional detail, the CORE figure seems more solid to me. At the end of the day, I like these figures alot more than I thought I would.

More Chronicles figures on the way so stay tuned! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CT Toys - Spider-Man (Classic)

1990 Toy Biz Marvel Superheroes Daredevil