A quick pivot from action figures to comic books, these are my most recent additions. Actually, the first issue is an older pick up, the rest are newly added. Looking forward to reading through these!
Great stuff. Even though I don't go out of my way to buy them, I enjoy collecting them when they're cheap. I especially have a soft spot for 80's and 90's ones with cool covers.
The other day ,my better half and I had the chance to traverse our local mall early In the day.I hate going to malls at peak hours or on the weekends.The crowds are just too damn cool for me.Long story short,our mall now has a toy store! I couldn't believe my eyes.From a far It looked like It was going to be some artsy fartsy place with educational toys ,wooden blocks and model kits,but no!This place had pretty much everything collectors go for nowadays.The name of the store Is "Go!,Toys and Games" and I can honestly say that I've never heard of It before.Everything was a dollar or two extra ,but that's not too bad considering how ridiculously expensive modern toys are In hobby and toy shops these days.I really hope this place sticks around. There Is a nice mix of everything.Marvel Legends,Star Wars to blind bags to Funko figs.On top of that there are tons of board games and books. WTF? Yes! 3 3/4 Marvel Legends!!!!!Not alot thou...
This one's an odd pairing. Playmates chose to go with Shipwreck as Michelangelo's GIJoe alter ego. It looks good, I guess, but I probably would have gone with Quick Kick because of the nunchaku or Bazooka because of his goofiness in the cartoon. Either way it's still a great figure. Mikey comes with some cool accessories. I love that they chose to go with a pigeon ( Pete) instead of a parrot for obvious reasons. It's great when toy companies go the extra mile with the little things like using actual metal chains for Michelangelo's anchor ended nunchaku. Love that! Once again and sticking with the kid/ninja friendly anti - ballistics theme, Michelangelo comes with gag pistol complete with pizza flag on the end of the barrel. The creative team must've had a blast designing this line. They get a lot right and very little gets lost in translation. Check out Mikey's...
I remember The League of Extraordinary Bloggers back In the day, never partook In any of the festivities, though. This time around, especially with state of the blogosphere , I feel I need to participate a little more to see If we can breathe life back into toy blogging! So , a big thank you to Brian over at Cool and Collected for bringing the League back. Here's my introductory league assignment post. Very simple ,snap a pic of two of your very favorite shelves. I chose the two shelves hat display all of my vintage . It only recently wrapped around to the bottom shelf with the addition of a couple of Swamp Thing figures I received from Brother Midnight In a recent trade. I'm hoping to fill out the bottom shelf over the coarse of the winter. So there you have It. Definitely check out Cool and Collected when you get the chance to get your next league assignment......! Check these shelfies out.... Green Plastic S...
Great stuff. Even though I don't go out of my way to buy them, I enjoy collecting them when they're cheap. I especially have a soft spot for 80's and 90's ones with cool covers.
ReplyDeleteThey're fun to flip through, Fuji! A great way to unwind.
DeleteOutstanding. Awesome cover artwork.
ReplyDeleteI agree, Jigs.
DeleteI regret parting ways with my complete run.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had kept my childhood collection. I can't even remember what I did with them 😔
Delete