I Collect Cards, Too!

For those of you who didn't know, I am also a big sportscard collector. In fact, I have a sportscard blog that has been collecting dust on the interwebs, longing for some new cardboard content. It's not that I've stopped collecting. I just don't do it as often. These days I'm buying singles on ebay, staying away from the expensive and expansive selection of packs that clutter the card aisles at my local Target. And forget about buying cards at Walmart. Everything is locked up behind glass cases and the key- holding employee is always nowhere to be found. I'm not sure how they stay in business. Anyways, here are some of the singles I've picked up over the past couple of months. 
I'm not even a hockey fan but how do you consider yourself a sportscard collector and not have at least one card of " The Great One" .
Ten straight seasons with 1,000 plus receiving yards! Not too shabby. 
I am now a casual follower of the WNBA. Thank you Caitlin 👍 
My first Topps Now card! Shoh cool! 
Those who followed me on my sportscard blog know that I collect Canseco. This card has been on my want list for a long time. 
The final three cards are of players who belong in their very own, private HOF. That's how incredibly great they were. I've been actively collecting them for about a month now. Stay tuned as I plan on intermittently posting more of my card pick ups. 




Comments

  1. Some awesome cards here.

    A. I really like that Gretzky... although that card would be 10x better without the Capitals guy blocking the view.

    B. I'd love to add a Caitlin Clark rookie card to my collection at some point. Not that I watch her or the WNBA. But just because of the hype around her (kinda like why I wanted cards of Manon Rheaume back in the 90's). I think it's really cool that people are starting to follow women's professional basketball.

    C. I have wanted that Canseco since the 80's. Maybe one day, I'll finally add a copy to my A's PC.

    D. Looking forward to seeing more card posts... on your toy blog. In fact... I love seeing toy posts on card blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. Funny how I never noticed until you brought it up. Now it bugs me a little lol.
    B. I'm on the Caitlin Clark bandwagon big time. Watching highlights. Checking the score. Yeah. I'm definitely adding more of her to my collection.
    C. I didn't even know this card existed in the 80's. I was too busy collecting all the mainstream stuff.
    D. More pics on the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The card shop I used to go to (and eventually worked at) had a copy of that Canseco. It was super expensive though... since at the time Canseco was one of the most popular players in the hobby... and even more popular in the Bay Area.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Recent Pick Up!