Close Ecounters of the Nerd Kind

Back in my drinking days, HEAVY drinking days, I frequented local bars and played lots of darts. A buddy of mine used to always say " Nice weathering!" which, according to him, meant that I was doing a good job of going after all of the targets and not wasting time on one specific. It occurred to me that that's kind of how I've been collecting. Mixing it up while not fixating on one collectible or another. Action figures are still high priority  but thanks to Matt from ToyBox I've also been exploring the world of comics alot more lately. Other days I'm online looking for cool singles to pad my sportscard collection. What can I say,  It's the price I pay for being a member of the nerdy kind 🤓 Here's a look at a few of my recent additions! 
I love Dormammu's design! He gives off strong Jack Kirby vibes! 
Thanks to ToyBox for sending me these two issues of the incredible Hulk! 
Red Circle comics/Archie comics  are responsible for titles such as  The Mighty Crusaders, The Fly, The Shield, Black Hood etc. and  I can't help but warm up to the simplicity, artwork and campy writing in these early 80's gems! Old school feels for real! 

Black Hood and The Mighty Crusaders get new life with updated  looks and stories thanks to  Dark Circle Comics ( formerly known as Red Circle). Both are V.1 TPB's. 
This one's a loaner from a coworker who thought it'd be beneficial for me to get into "My Hero Academia" solely on the strength of a really cool character named Knuckleduster! He was 100% correct. Also, reading from right to left is really hard! 

Last but not least, an overdue addition to my card collection 😎

Comments

  1. In my opinion, this is the best way to collect. If for no other reason than it usually prevents you from getting burned out on any one thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. Switching it up can be a good thing.Also, when a $20 action figure isn't feasible, a $5 card or comic can be just what the doctor ordered.

      Delete
  2. A. Totally agree with Jon's comment.

    B. Cards have been my go to hobby for decades, but I've been tinkering with comics a little more the past couple of years. I've cut back a little on toys because of the amount of space (with Legos being the exception).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having space issues, too, Fuji. Between action figure packaging and Card shoeboxes, things can get hectic. Luckily my comic book collection isn't large enough where I need to storing them in comic book boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified