Thor - Marvel Select

I've collected, religiously, Hasbro's 3.75 Marvel Universe in the past. I loved the variety and overall availability of the figures. Today they are non existent and totally overpriced on ebay. My first instinct was to hop over to Marvel's super popular 6" Legends figures but I was already way too late to that party. Many of the figures that I wanted from that line had already been phased out and were selling for twice as much online. Plus, Legends figures shot up in price, from $20 to $25 bucks in some stores and I wasn't about to play that game. I needed to scratch that Marvel itch some way, somehow and I've finally been able to do just that with Marvel Select! You're getting so much with these figures. Awesome packiging, figure stands and some amazing, totally original sculpts! Ok, so some figures are more articulated than others. Easier  to pose and whatnot. And I get it. But for the price, you can't go wrong. I'm at a point in toy collecting where aesthetics are everything. I prefer display ability over playability. Marvel Select gives me that. They are like individual pieces of art. Many sculpted by different artists. It's really been fun, cherry picking  figures from this line. My most recent pick up? The Mighty Thor!

Comments

  1. Awesome sculpt. That Marvel Select line is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's different, Jigsaw, and that's what I like about it. Plus, at 7 plus inches or so, especially for the larger characters, your getting a lot of bang for your buck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified