Dr. Doom - Marvel Select

Marvel Select has alot of incredible figures in their repertoire and this Doom just ain't one of em'. Don't get me wrong, Its not a horrible figure. Joints are solid, paint apps on point and all accessories are functional. The gun fits nicely in Doom's hand and holster. The switchable hand holding the chalice is also a nice addition.  After taking the figure out of the packaging I got a lot of Jack Kirby vibes. I guess that's not a bad thing. This is definitely a throwback sculpt of Dr. Doom and while it's not my favorite, it'll fit in nicely with the rest of my Select collection. The real gem in this set is Dooms throne. Although I'll admit to being leery about the possibility of  Doom not being able to sit in it properly. Such was not the case, though, due to the latex like material Doom's cape is made out of. It's very form fitting and allows Doom to lamp flawlessly in his favorite seat! Enjoy the pics! 

Comments

  1. WOW! Love the figure and the stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stand makes this set totally worth it imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my Marvel Legends Doom, but kinda regret selling my Select Doom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legends Doom is a great figure. Select Doom is a different animal, but cool in it's own right.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Recent Pick Up!