Action Figure Extraction!

I've been eyeing my Marvel Legends Retro 3.75 figs hung up on my wall for a minute now, brainstorming possible ways to get them out of the packaging while keeping the bubble intact to redisplay them. I knew what I was going to do in theory but never got around to the actual implementation of the plan.  A couple days back I successfully removed Daredevil and Black Panther.

Using a new utility knife razor, I carefully cut out a rectangular shaped exit point at the top of the bubble for my Daredevil figure to slide through. 

It worked like a charm! Ya gotta fudge it a little but eventually the figure will come out complete in it's plastic mold.


Discard the plastic mold, you won't be needing it.


Now, with the extra space I can redisplay my Daredevil figure with staffs equipped! 


You can't even tell the top's been cut out. It's gonna be a little harder with the bigger figures but it should work the same. Just be very careful when doing this as the razor sometimes comes very close to the figure in the bubble when cutting out the exit point. The sharper the razor the better. 

Comments

  1. Did you try to put the top back on, or is there just an open skylight there now? I could never leave a figure open like that here, the inside would be full of dust within days (maybe a little longer, but it would feel like it was only a couple of days).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top is open but I'm about to post about how much I regret opening these. The figures are much cooler, IMO, left on card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie