Remco Mighty Crusaders - The Fox (Loose)

The one thing that stands out to me about this figure is his handle. The Fox! Off the bat I'm thinking covert, sneaky but deadly. According to the card back profile, Paul Patton is a freelance photographer who is skilled in the martial arts and is considered to be a living weapon. I love this guy already! He screams "Solo Mission!" Here he is all decked out with accessories.

Luckily, the figure stood the test of time and came out in one piece. The holster was pretty stiff out of the packaging but nothing a blow dryer couldn't fix. Overall I'm very pleased. I love the costume design and color scheme. He's like a cross between Black Panther and The Phantom. Also, that yellow logo rocks! 

I also love the fact that he's able to carry all of his accessories. The rifle strap fits nicely around his torso and the blaster fits snug into the oversized holster. The shield doubles as a whistle and works great. I tried it😁 And then my dog started barking so I stopped😔 

The Mighty Crusaders line  scales best with Marvel Secret Wars figures but not perfectly. I will say this. Based on sheer playability, I think Remco actually beats out Mattel. If I'm a kid who's not familiar with the Marvel Universe and I have these two guys hung up on pegs in front of me, I'm probably going to choose the Mighty Crusaders figure. I mean, it's gonna take more than a lenticular shield insert to take on The Fox's mighty punch action and secret sonic signaling shield! 

Of course that would have never happened as I was too big of a Marvel fan to even consider going in any other direction. But the Mighty Crusaders would have definitely gotten a look. Remco puts a nice package together, incorporating accessories that promote alternative ways of play. I can picture a scenerio where a group of friends would all have their own signaling shield and specific whistle. It's freaking loud, too! At the very least we could have used it to annoy our sisters. Or dogs. If you can find a carded figure for a decent price, go for it. There aren't many to collect, 8 in all, and they really pop on the shelf. I recommend 👍

Comments

  1. This makes me want to get on ebay and buy the whole set now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a man of action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice - at first I thought they were HeMan scale. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me as well lol. It wasn't until I saw them in a vintage lot listing on ebay next to some Secret Wars figs that I realized how small they were. It's their big ol heads that give them that MOTU feel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie