Archie/Red Circle Comics - Mighty Crusaders #1 (1982)

Let me start this off by establishing the fact that I am a lazy as hell reviewer. I'll be the first to admit it. I'd much rather just post a couple of  pics with a few footnotes here and there and call it a day. However, I would almost always prefer to do an action figure review over a comic book review. With comics I never really know what pages to snap pics of or the importance of the creators/ writers/artists. Also, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who decides to go out and get a copy for themselves. So please bear with me.  

As far as Mighty Crusaders issue  #1 goes... fucking loved it! 

Look at that cover! Alot of times comics show all types of action on the cover and shit doesn't pop off until 7 or 8 pages into the book. Not here. If you want an even better idea of what your about to get into just flip the comic over and look at the back.

Top notch art. Non-stop action. Lots of well written dialogue. 

These are just a couple of pages. Throughout the issue battles take place in the desert, outer space and the inner city. Land,sea and air. Literally on some GI Joe shit! Here are some specs on the talent behind one of the most enjoyable comics I've read in a long time.


Comments

  1. Awesome cover! Love it when comic book covers have a bunch of characters coming at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, Fuji. The inside pages of this comic come at you just the same. Really fun read. Can't wait to read issue #2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always appreciate a review that doesn't spoil anything, even if it is for something that's almost 40 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, especially with comics. With movies you've pretty much been filled in with trailers and previews. It's nice to jump into something blindly not knowing what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recently found my copy of this issue. Gonna have to give it a read ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie