Mattel MOTU Origins - Skeletor

 As much as I liked the He-Man figure In this line, I think I like Skeletor even more! Also, I think I'm falling hook, line and sinker for these awesome action figures! Let's take a look at Skeletor.




Again, the packaging  pays tribute to the vintage line nicely. If you were a kid In the 80's then you know that MOTU, GI Joe and Transformers was life. We didn't even need the whole collection. If we had just  a few figures from each of those lines then all was right in the world. I think we have a lot to be thankful for  as adult collectors. All three of the aforementioned lines have done a great job on all of their retro releases, allowing us to relive that all too important golden age of action figures.




      


I won't be going over the comic book because It was the same as the one that came with He-Man. I think that has been my only disappointment so far. I could be wrong but I thought the vintage line had  unique comic books for each figure. Skeletor, on the other hand, looks fabulous!  







Comments

  1. Another great MOTU figure. I like the 2nd to the last photo... where He-Man and Skeletor are about to throw down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Fuji. It's really hard to take a bad picture of these figures. The clean sculpts and paint apps really pop.

      Delete
  2. While the original line had multiple comics per wave, some figures did come with the same comic as another. With Origins each wave comes with the same comic. In He-Man and Skeletor's case I felt they should had a different comic than wave 1 as they are technically wave 0 as they are evergreen.

    I am a huge fan of this line. I have all of wave 1 (including Battlecat and sky sled with Adam), Orko from wave 2, and both Mer-Man and She-Ra from Wave 3! Not to mention some of the WWE ones as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Alexis! I'd like to pick up that sky sled w/ Adam at some point. After looking over the comic and seeing that all of the figures from wave 1 are featured, I kind of figured they would all have the same comic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We didn't even need the whole collection. If we had just a few figures from each of those lines then all was right in the world."... spoken like someone who actually knows what they're talking about for a change :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also picked up the Skeletor & He-Man figures. Currently on the lookout for a She-Ra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I hope I can still find Beastman and Man at Arms in the wild. Really want those two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was not a MOTU collector back in the day. But these are a lot of fun. Glad they are releasing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too, Jigs. Especially since Classified has been so hard to come by. It's nice to see SOMETHING cool on the pegs every now and then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified