Mattel MOTU Origins - He- Man

 "Awesome packaging, iconic action figure with accessories and a mini comic book to go with an incredible nostalgia rush. Totally worth the $13 dollar price tag!"


I recently posted about a couple of figures I picked up at my local Target. MOTU Origins He-Man and Skeletor. To be honest, Classified was on the brain but of course those were nowhere in sight, so MOTU won out. I mean, how hard is It to win a competition when the other guy doesn't even show up? There must have been close to 30 MOTU Origins  figures  on the pegs and It felt great to have a variety of figures to choose from. Hopefully It stays that way as I see myself picking up more In the future. Lets take a look at He-Man!


The packaging really takes me back! I think I've said It before, He-Man was the first real mainstream action figure I had as a kid. That same X-Mas my parents bought me a bunch of DC Lost World of the Warlord figures thinking they were MOTU, lol! It's all good ,tho, cuz I loved those figures just the same.   

The value of a quality card back is so underrated, IMO. It's an integral part of a successful action figure line. The artwork and preview of  other available figures letting the kids know "There's more plastic crack where this one came from." As for the figures? Pretty dang snazzy! 



Articulation is there but a bit stiff around the elbows. The sculpted muscles kind of get in the way but If you run the joints under some hot water they give a little. This could also just be an isolated incident. Other than that this figure rocks! 


Glad I kept my Zorn figure! I might even pick up some of those Funko Thundercats figures now.
 


Much like an eye catching card back, mini comic books can really add to the appeal of an action figure line. 
  



Awesome packaging, iconic action figure with accessories and a mini comic book to go with an incredible nostalgia rush. Totally worth the $13 dollar price tag!

Comments

  1. I might be more into these if they were a little cheaper, but $13 is a bit much for me. I've also only seen the first six figures so far, I guess depending on who else they've done I may get one or two at some point, but there wasn't anybody in those first six that I had to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understandable. Actually, they're $13.99. Alot for a generic figure but not bad, IMO, for an iconic reissue and retooled established franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got series 3 shipping to me from BBTS and series 2 preordered (along with nearly everything else). I'm honestly moving to collecting almost exclusively collecting MOTU stuff and Star wars: The Black Series so I'm building up a pretty decent collection of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop picking up and posing Skeletor,lol! I'm really having fun with these figures and looking forward to picking up more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging is awesome! I wasn't even into He-Man... but if I saw that figure and Skeletor I'd probably pick them up and hang them in my garage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had that kind of willpower, Fuji, lol! I can't keep anything MOC. They would look awesome on display in the packaging, though. It gives off a neat retro vibe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty picky about which figures I buy these days... mainly because I keep 95% in their package and storage space is very limited. The 5% I open are usually Kenner SLU's or SW action figures.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified