DC Spin Master , I Think I Love You!

Judging from the title of this post, you'd probably think I was a huge fan of DC. Such Is not the case. I like DC, just not gaga over It. I do, however, really like Batman and am familiar enough with the likes of other characters In the DC universe to go gaga over Spin Master's line of  4" figures. After picking up my first figure from the line, 1st Edition Batman, a couple of weeks ago, I have found myself fixated on them! I picked up 1st Edition Robin and Rebirth Tactical Batman a couple of days ago but will only be going over the Batman fig today. Lets check him out!

I already went over the packaging  for these figures In my last post featuring the standard  1st Edition Batman. It's super gimmicky and I love it! The draw about It lies In the mystery accessories and cut out action shots. Yes It's super kid oriented but fun enough, I think, for adult collectors as well. It gives you alot to do before you  even get to the figure. It's almost like a blind bag with a super cool action figure included!



I would advise you to carefully cut alongside the slit where the cape Is inserted for easier removal. I do this mostly because of the low quality fabric used to make the capes. I feel like they might tear or fray when pulling out the figure. 



Here's the cool action shot included within the packaging. 

And the mystery accessories! Not very realistic as far as colors go but fun to collect. I actually dig the bat wing glider.  


Isn't this just a stud of an action figure?!? So solid! I mean for the price, anyways. 


The blue blaster doesn't look that bad either.  



Tactical Batman ready to take flight with his stealth bat wing glider!






Man, I'm really digging this line right now. I haven't been able to put these figures down! Seriously, they are that much fun! The ability to mix and match accessories has a lot to do with it. Plus, they have just enough points of articulation to keep you busy posing!
  


Comments

  1. I can totally see these as being marketed towards kids with the colored mystery weapons. The part that kind of confuses me is the addition of a 1st Edition label (which I'm sure draws in collectors). Oh well... it doesn't take away from the figure, so it's not really an issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Fuji. The " 1st Edition " stamp on the cardback is probably there to get more adult collectors on board with the line.

      Delete
  2. These are very cool. I picked up Joker and King Shark to add to my Funko 1966 Batman figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of fun I have posing these guys has me totally overlooking the cartoony faces on figures like Joker, Flash etc. I want them all now lol

      Delete
  3. I can see kids loving it. I normally prefer more traditional paint on these but this one I like. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun line that should be fairly easy to track down at your local WMs and Targets making them that much more fun to collect. I hope I can add most of the 1st Edition figures before they usher in the next waves.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie