DC Spin Master 1st Edition - Robin


Today we take a look at DC Spin Master 4" Robin!  I chose the shiny variant because the paint on the  regular, matte Robin was all over the place. As much as I  love these Spin Master figures, the paint apps could have been better. Make sure you look these over carefully before buying and If your purchasing online,leave the seller a message asking for one with good apps.



Here's Robin's collectible card. I love the artwork on these little action shots but would prefer to have all of the edges clean instead of perforated on the top and sides. I guess that's just the baseball card collector In me talking. It would be cool, though, If they made It so you could incorporate these cards into some of those play sets  Spin Master is set to be releasing.


Here are the three cards I have so far. I'm glad I decided to keep these. Lots of collectors are tossing them In the trash.  



On to the mystery accessories! Two out of three ain't bad. I like the gold colored staff and Bat helmet but would have preferred the sword over the bright green staff.  



As for the figure, you get more of the same. Great sculpts with nice articulation and hit and miss paint. 








The helmet fits surprisingly well. Think of the play possibilities!  






I can't get over how nice these figures photograph. And that's with my crappy Finepix camera. 


I immediately thought of Stunt Zombie when posting about these figures. They seem like something that would be right up his alley. Simple action figures that you can actually play with and not have to worry about a limb snapping off or an accessory not fitting correctly In the figures hand. Plus they have a great point of balance!


Not all of the mystery accessories will be your cup of tea, but that doesn't mean you cant find use for them. I've decided to use my extras to arm my Infinite Heroes figures!


I can't wait to get my hands on more of these figures. It's kind of an addicting line when you factor In all of the different characters and variants . I really want Spin Master to keep this line going because It's a DC line I can finally get into collecting.

Comments

  1. Love the shadow shots... especially on the ladder photo and the Batman and Robin right below it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fuji! I get lower than the figures when taking those shots to try and give them a more grandiose appearance. Sometimes It works, most of the time It doesn't lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my doubts about Spin Masters when it was announced that they had secured the license, but those fears are now completely gone. These figures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just afraid they've become so popular that they disappear off shelves. They're already selling for twice as much on eBay. The Wal Mart sells the Batman line exclusively I think and they seem pretty stocked with those figures. I think Target has all the other DC characters like Flash,Superman etc. I hope when I finally make it over there they still have some on site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely! They're alot of fun, Spyda! There are some real cool Batman sets that come with vehicles ,too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie