So,My Local Grocery Store Now Sells Comics!

$5.99 for 4 comics!I'll take It considering that Is what one comic book goes for nowadays.Lets crack this baby open and see what we got! 

A 1985 copy of The Uncanny X-Men issue # 196.A lackluster cover and from the few pages I've already flipped through,It seems to be light on action ,too.The best thing this comic has going for It Is the mentioning of  Secret Wars 2  on the corner of the cover.Anything referencing Secret Wars 1 or 2 Is a winner In my book!

1985 Marvel  # 196 The Uncanny X-Men

Gambit  And The X-Ternals. A 1995 Deluxe Issue #1 of a superhero team I never new existed.From what I can tell It consists of Gambit,Strong Guy,Jubilee and I'm not so sure who the other two might be.I'm gonna take a guess and say Polaris and a souped up version of Warpath.I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on all but two ,Gambit and Jubilee.A promising looking cover ,nonetheless,and a number 1 issue ,so that's always nice.

1995 Marvel #1 Gambit And The X-Ternals

I'm not a big DC or Star Trek fan,but  the two combined  pique my interest. And that cover- ONE WILL DIE! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Worf's probably getting  murked In this issue.I'm looking forward to flipping through this one.

1993 DC #49 Star Trek The Next Generation

I like Image comics.Colorful characters,teams of brightly dressed mutants and lots and lots of claws!Take Shadowhawk for instance.Kind of a Wolverine,Darkhawk mash up.I remember reading an older Shadowhawk issue years ago and If I'm not mistaken ,he may have also been battling the Aids virus.Not sure,tho. Unfortunately ,like a lot of comics In the 90's ,this one has one of those embossed chrome covers and the image barely comes across In the scan.  

1993 Image #1 Shadowhawk II  

The cool thing about these comic book packs Is that If you carefully cut a slit In the back of the baggie ,you can reuse It for protection or display purposes... 


....like so!



Stay tuned to posts similar to this one as I plan on snagging up more of these comic packs In the near future!




Comments

  1. Very cool! I am always down for those bargain comic bags. My local comic shop bags up 20 of their non-sold comics and sells them for $5! It's usually filled with duds, but, I'll pick one up every now and then when the comic on the top catches my eye. Also the Dollar tree used to do 3 comics and a pack of cards for $1! They haven't sold these lately, but I'm always on the lookout when I visit the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dollar Tree was my go to place for comics up until they stopped selling them at my local store.To be honest ,$5.99 is still kind of steep but id rather pay that for 4 vintage titles than for 1 modern book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what part of the country you're in, but if you live anywhere near an Ollie's, they have 10-packs for like five or six bucks. And as an extra added benefit, those packs often contain some really good stuff... stuff that folks might actually want to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Ollies!Next time Im in that vicinity I'm definitely going to check it out.Your right though,with these packs there's usually only one quality book and the rest duds.

      Delete
  4. You'd have a great time at my local flea market. The one I went to today had four or five different guys with at least one or two boxes filled with comics. One guy had about 20 boxes full of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man ,Fuji, Its been years since I've hit up anything remotely close to a flea market.I have a feeling I'd love it as well.As a kid I bought a ton of my cards from Florida flea markets when I'd go down to visit family.

      Delete
    2. What's holding you back? Not a lot of flea markets in your area?

      Delete
    3. We have one public market In the city I live In ,nowhere near as big as the ones out In Florida and other big states.I wouldn't even consider It a flea market.Also,memorabilia and hobby related items out here seem to be alot harder to come by and more expensive when you do find them.

      Delete
    4. If you ever make it out to the Bay Area, let me know. I'll give you a tour of the local flea markets. I don't know toys very well, but there are tons of people who sell them around here.

      Delete
  5. Interesting assortment but with the Uncanny X-Men, you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats usually what I go for.If the top comic is X Men its an automatic for me.Although,Ive decided to just start going after books I had growing up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie