At A Point In my Life ...

I'm at a point In my life where things like mental as well as physical health are  paramount and hobbies have taken a back seat.This Isn't to say that I'm done collecting or that I'm going to become a health nut and start running marathons.Although,that probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. Anywhoo ,toy collecting and gaming aren't the most physically demanding hobbies and that  can quickly become a detriment to our health.So while I'm not hitting the gyms or anything ,I am exercising more and trying to eat healthier.It's not easy but I'm already a week into It and can already feel the difference.It's also great on the mental. I've even considered selling off some of my collection.I'm super close to throwing my entire Marvel Universe collection on ebay. They have been stashed for months now and have barely seen the light of day.I don't know,I might,not sure.But that got me thinking.If  I  ever decided to sell off my entire collection,I would probably keep one action figure.Snake Eyes and Timber. O.K. that's two but Timber Isn't really an action figure ,so.As a kid,there wasn't an action figure I wanted more than 1985 v.2 Snake Eyes.By the time I really got into G.I. Joe,Snake Eyes was pretty much off the market,and the chances of acquiring one via trade were slim to none.No one was about to get rid of their Snake Eyes figures.And while they aren't super hard to find and afford these days,I still feel pretty lucky to have one.


Comments

  1. I remember buying that Snake-eyes figure at Ben Franklin... I was getting on up there in age (15 or 16 I guess), so it was probably one the last G.I. Joe figures I ever purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my favorite Snake Eyes version ,by far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're getting out there and feeling mentally and physically healthier. You know I'm a big Snake Eyes fan, so I got your back on keeping that figure if you were only going to keep one. If you decide to start dumping your collecting on eBay, I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Fuji.As far my MU collection,I think its just a matter of finding a place to properly display them.I just hate to keep them stashed.I love those figures to death!

      Delete
  4. Exercising and eating healthier is always a good thing! Hopefully the feeling better after just a week will encourage you to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really motivated to see how many days I can go eating minimally and exercising.Its the same way I quit smoking more than 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somebody offered me most of a set of remco Sgt Rock figures and I immediately thought they might be something you would want but I don't want to be responsible for your physical downfall ;) Good luck on being healthy ,Im not at all but its no fault of the toys but more of my body being cranky in its old age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL No worries ,Brother,I take ant and all responsibility ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I still buy figures, I've been selling off a lot of my collection at the same time in attempt to downsize & reclaim some of that money. And yeah, some of the stuff that hasn't seen the light of day, including a giant tub of Marvel Universe, were all sold off. I've had great success on eBay, but it has been some work, which I will continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The longer something in my collection stays stashed ,the more inclined I am to say "Would I even miss them?"I remember selling off all of my Avengers Assemble figures with limited articulation and totally regretting It afterwards.So this time I want to be sure about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified