Coming Up For Air!

First thing's first.I got a new phone and I'm not really thrilled with the camera's capabilities.Even with the flash the pics look grainy.I may just go back to using my Coolpix but ,damn,my last phone was so much better and much more convenient.This top pic was taken without flash,the second with.Oh well.Anyways,yeah,I'm taking a break from Starting Lineup.Coming up for air ,you might say.For a while they were all I could think about collecting.They're cheap with such a wide  variety of players  to choose from,addiction Is almost inevitable.It's time for a break ,though.I thought about going after some of the NFL and NBA figs but that will have to wait ,too. I'm bookending my 90's Starting Lineup display with these two 1997 edition Bonds and Griffey,Jr. figures. 


Here's my 90's display .I'll eventually take that Bonds out of the packaging.Counting the figures on my wall display,I have 50  In all.A nice even number to stop at.At some point I'd like to display them all together . 


Comments

  1. More great figures. Sorry to hear about your "break" but if you need to then it is a good thing. Will you be showcasing other figures that aren't SLU?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah ,most definitely,Bulldog!It's just that SLU's have really eaten up alot of my time and I really miss the action figure side of things so a transition Is In order.Not sure what I'll be going after next but there's a good chance that It'll be vintage.

      Delete
    2. I'm excited to hear and to see what you'll be showing off. Vintage is great. I still have many of the original Star Wars, well played with, that are always fun to look back. Thanks.

      Delete
    3. I have more modern Star Wars figs than vintage.And most of my vintage Star Wars are also pretty banged up.

      Delete
  2. Potentially getting a worse camera is why I've been hesitant to replace my recently dropped (on a tile floor) phone. The screen now looks like a spiderweb, but it's got a great camera, which still works, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you hate that?Good thing Its the phone screen that cracked and not he cam lens.In my case,I recently had to do the whole carrier switch, which involved swapping up phones.I love the new one I have just not crazy about the pic quality.Take a look at my carded Roberto Alomar post and pic .That one was taken with my old phone with no flash.If you click on It to enlarge you'll see that It hardly loses any resolution.Now compare that to the Bonds and Griffey up top and you'll quickly tell the difference :(

      Delete
  3. Nice collection. Bummer about the break. Think we've all done that over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a break from SLU's, Jigs ;)I'll still be posting about other figures as they enter the old collection.Also stay tuned for more "...Of The Day" posts.

      Delete
  4. The camera on my phone blows any of my cameras away by a long shot. I have a Bonds 88SLU card, but don't think I own any of his figures in my collection. That piece is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I think 90s I think Bonds as a Giant.My aim was to keep this display relative to the time.I had Mitchell displayed but that would have clashed with the Bonds figure as they were both Giants but at separate times.I moved Mitchell to my 80s display because of that.Keeping it as mid 90s as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Recent Pick Up!