1992 Starting Lineup Roberto Alomar

This particular series of Starting Lineup figures as well as the funky card design has really grown on me.You get alot of bang for your buck .Not only do you get a great figure but you get a poster and baseball card ,too. From 1990 to 1993 ,Kenner added an extra collectible to compliment the figure and baseball card.An extra card In 1990,a coin In 1991 ,a poster In 1992 and then back to an additional card In 1993. 1993 would mark the last time Kenner would include a second collectible with their figures (not counting the deluxe sets),offering just the figure and a baseball card for lines released from 1994 to 2001.



Comments

  1. Although I love an extra card, I think the posters were my favorite bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to dedicate a post to them at some point.They're really cool,nice sized posters.The coins are cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat. I'll have to see what the coins looked like. I've really come to appreciate the Star Wars coins Kenner made. The Starting Lineup ones are probably just as cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One other thing I liked about Starting Lineup is how they were able to throw in some obscure sports every now and then - tennis, gymnastics, boxing, track and field. Would love some current tennis, lacrosse, soccer figures.

      Delete
    2. I forgot that Kenner made coins for Star Wars figures.They are surprisingly rigid,too. I thought it'd be plastic or something like that but they feel like metal to me.

      Delete
    3. I wish they would have made more of the boxing figures.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie