Somebody ,Stop Me !

First and foremost I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year.Lots of ups and downs ,twists and turns but for the most part 2018 wasn't  all that bad.Collectors club members got tons of cool Joes In the mail while everyday,G.I.  Joe Schmo  collectors  such as myself  were left with nothing really extraordinary to choose from while  shopping our local department store's toy aisles. TRU shutdown which to me wasn't a humongous deal  as I barely had the time or cash to visit the store as much as I wanted to. After today It's back to normal for everyone and I can dig that.Too much Christmasy,holiday spirit can be overwhelming.I'm actually glad It's all over with.With all that said,It's time to get back to collecting.Time to latch onto a new toy line and fill the old toy shelves again.In fact,I might need an intervention! I need help guys!I can't stop picking up these Starting Lineup figures!With the little bit of Christmas cash I received from my parents ,I took to Ebay, once again,only to be sucked in by Kenners addicting little vintage line of  3 3/4 inch sports themed figures .They're all over my Ebay  home page and are starting to filter into my  Google Chrome adds.It's like Night of the Living Dead only instead of zombies it's SLU figures!A domino effect.I pick up a player and then realize there's 2 more that I need.It's like ,you can't have a Greg Maddux figure without adding the other two studs In that rotation,Glavine and Smoltz.The crazy thing Is ,Kenner made It so you can do just that!There are so many different players to choose from ,the display combinations are endless.I've got six new figures to post about ,bringing my Starting Lineup collection to a whopping 43 figures!The struggle Is real!

Comments

  1. Man I know that struggle all to well! Who even knew they made sooo many 5.5 He-man clones in the 80's?And it like I cant just pick up one figure from that line because then he looks like some kind of outcast of the shelf all by himself so then Im searching down the other 4 figure in that set .Its an endless loop ! I sold my most of my dads comic book collection yesterday(totally with his permission ,he gave up on comics in the 80's and moved to hockey jerseys) and the money is already gone but it wasn't even enough so now Im digging around to come up with a couple hundred more to get weapons and exercises. Sometimes I think I should start spending my money on alcohol ,women and gambling because it would be a simpler hobby lol

    ReplyDelete

  2. “I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.”

    ― WC Fields

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stop! Appreciate you sharing your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude. You sound like me ten years ago. When I returned to the hobby, I discovered cheap ($1 to $3) SLU's at my flea market and couldn't get enough of them. Eventually I ran out of room and had to start cracking them open. These days I focus more on the SLU cards than the actual figures. Anyways... Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That happened to me with the few McFarlane figs I have now.Had to open them wich resulted in a few of them braking on me.Im thinking these figures were like voodoo dolls because soon after my Sosa Mcfarlane figure lost its head ,news reports started coming in about him bleaching his skin 😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified