A Slew Of SLU's !

I'm almost where I want to be with my Kenner Starting Lineup collection.The Award Winners set knocks off alot of players that I would have had a hard time picking up individually ,mainly Bonds and Bob Welch.Another thing this set does is tie in the 80s and 90s ,allowing me to segue my collection to add a few early 90s players that I enjoyed watching during those particular years. The 90 Canseco figure will be replacing the 88 figure in my Oakland Athletics team display.The 1990's Bo Jackson and Cecil Fielder figures will be displayed next to the Award Winners ,where I will be adding a few more 90s players to tie everything in.The top of my shelving unit will be reserved for Mets figures.Aside from a few key 1988 figure needs ,im pretty content with my collection so far.

I'm waiting on a Greg Maddux figure that's going to be displayed on the National League side of the Award Winners piece,along with a Kevin Mitchell.In front I'll be placing a fielding Cal Ripken ,Jr. and fielding/diving/sliding player to be named later.Another new acquisition not pictured above Is the Tony Gwynn 1988 piece.You can see he's taken Bo Jackson's place on the far right of my 80's display.


I still want to add a  Mattingly and a Boggs to the 80's display .Any other 1988 figures  I'll use as fillers.



I'm loving my Cecil Fielder figure!Kenner was generous to the 1990's American League HR champ ,giving us a slimmed down version of  Big Daddy !


I'm done with my makeshift Athletics team. Eckersley aside,I've got pretty much all the major players.



The Mets display has shifted over to the top of my toy shelf.I still have a few figures to add and now I'll definitely have the space to do that.

Comments

  1. Wow, that is some collection that you've got going! I've never seen those award winners before, looks like that would've been an expensive set when new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a TRU price tag on the side of the box,$34.99.I got this one for less than half that price.Most are In the $15 - $30 range on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Award Winners set makes a great centerpiece. I don't see those very often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fuji.Its a cool little set.I didnt show it but on the sides and back of the box are lists of both AL and NL Mvps,Roys and Cy Young award winners starting with the very first players to win the awards up to 1990.A great little bit of history for kids and adults alike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Never seen those Award Winners before. Are the figures permanently stuck to the base or can they be removed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Spyda.Nah,theyre permanently attached.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome collection. It's growing nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified