Just What I Expected

The lighter fluid worked like magic.The sticker popped right off literally ,in  seconds.Only to reveal that either an attempt at peeling it off before had been made,ripping the cardback or the cardback was ripped already and the seller just placed the worlds largest sticker over it.Im not even sure if this "1988 edition "sticker is native to Starting Lineup figure packaging.I dont remember ever seeing a sticker like this on any SLs as a kid.I wouldn't have minded displaying the packaging as is ,with torn cardback,but it's the smudge that really bugs the shit outta me now.I think its time to release Parker from his cardback confines,touch up the bill of his cap with a little yellow acrylic paint and call it a day.

Comments

  1. ouch!is there package paper stuck to the back of the sticker? If not it was put there to hide the rip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No,i think it was a cover up 😆It fit perfectly over the tear.That sticker could have come from literally anything that came out in 1988 lol.I cant imagine Kenner giving the o.k. on that eyesoar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been told that it is very likely that sticker came off a case of baseball cards. Im not sure if its a year set or a case of wax packs.Im waiting on a confirmation photo.

      Delete
    2. That rings a bell.I could see that.

      Delete
  3. Wow. That's shady. I would have been pretty annoyed. Glad to see the lighter fuel worked though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like a charm,Fuji.Only to reveal a damaged cardback,though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie