It's That Time Again,The Thumbnail Says It All

Yes my friends,more Starting Lineups.I could literally eat a bowl of these fucking things with milk ,I'm so hooked on them right now.New arrivals include Mark McGwire and Carney Lansford.For those of you that didn't know (I think Fuji knows,not sure) ,I was a huge Oakland A's fan growing up.The Mets were my favorite N.L. team but overall I was an A's fan.That all changed when they decided to trade Canseco but that's a whole 'nother subject. Still,even today I could name pretty much everybody on that  mid to late 80's squad including bench players. You guys probably know who Mark McGwire Is already but Lansford might be new to you.Carney Lansford was the A's third basemen and primarily batted second In the lineup ,after Rickey Henderson.He  had one of the more intense batting stances In the game.Fidgety might be the best way to describe It.Lots of line drives down the third base line,the occasional homer and crazy glove work ,just a fun player to watch.His Starting Lineup figure would have never showed up around my parts as he was more of a regional release.Its nice to be able to add him to the collection.Also,according to the checklist ,I think I've completed my 1988 A's team.I thought I still needed Mike Davis but I think that was an unreleased figure.I might still go after some 89 A's just fill up the roster a bit.Maybe go after Stewart,D. Henderson  and Weiss.We shall see.


I was planning on opening McGwire after seeing the card damaged on the sellers ebay item pic ,but after holding It In hand,the cardback is In pretty solid shape.Save for the tear  at the top,all else Is pretty crisp.I know this would bug the hell out of pristine collectors,but not me.I can live with it.



This is my revamped SL display.I'm limiting myself  ,purposely, to this one little shelving unit.I really don't have any more room for carded figures.I could probably fit two more carded figs on here and the rest will have to be loose fillers. 


The A's display is a little bland.I'm definitely gonna have to go after some of the 89 figs.


In order to make space for Lansford and McGwire I had to take my Howard Johnson out of the packaging and display him on the center shelf with all the other Mets figures.Now I have an extra cardback to check figures off as I go.


Some A's highlights from the 89 WS.


                                         


                                           UPDATE

It looks like they released a Dave Parker figure in 88 wearing an A's uni but with a baseball card wearing a Reds uniform.While he is not officially listed on the cardback as part of the A's ,it's still a must add.He'll make up for the lack of a Mike Davis figure.




Comments

  1. One day I'd like to put together a 1988 Kenner SLU Oakland A's team set still in their packages, but my #1 goal is to find me the 1989 Kenner SLU Team Lineup. Sadly those things aren't cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steinbach might be the most expensive of the 89 figs ,if my memory serves correctly.Then you got Weiss and Both Hendersons 😥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait ,im not even sure there were any Hendersons released in 89 for the A's.Neither Rickey nor Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the 1989 Kenner SLU A's checklist: Jose Canseco, Dennis Eckersley, Carney Lansford, Mark McGwire, Dave Parker, Terry Steinbach, Dave Stewart, Walt Weiss, and Bob Welch.

    The 1989 Kenner SLU A's Team Lineup was a display piece that included: Canseco, Dave Henderson, Glenn Hubbard, Lansford, McGwire, Parker, Steinbach, Stewart, and Weiss. These are pretty cool, but can be fairly pricey. Here's a link to one on eBay:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Starting-Lineup-Oakland-As-Team-Lineup-Hubbard-Weiss-Steinbach-Parker-RARE/253807817282?hash=item3b181ff242:g:swQAAOSwiCRUchFw:rk:3:pf:0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ok got you.The actual team set.You know ,im not a big fan of those.Theyre posed a little too casually for me.It was a cool idea by Kenner to make something like that ,though.And yeah,super pricey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified