80s Sticker Hideousness!

So I got the final piece to my 88 A's team,Dave Parker.I knew it had the giant 1988 edition sticker on It and had planned on removing It.A task I will undertake later on tonight,a post on that forthcoming.What the ebay item pic didnt convey was the paint smudge on the inside of the packaging which appears to have come from the bill of the baseball cap 🤨Well,i only paid 4 bucks for it so I shouldn't complain.These Dave Parkers sell for about 20 bucks carded and 12 to 15 bucks loose,so.Ive looked online and found out that lighter fluid is good at causing a chemical reaction that makes old sticker price tags come right up without damaging the card back.Of course ill be trying this on 30 plus year old sticker so im pretty much planning to fail.As far as the smudge goes,im stuck with it.Unless I detach the blister and yadda,yadda,yadda.If the cardback was in better shape i would have tried it.Ill be doing a follow up post on my sticker removal results so stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on completing the set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!Not in the condition I would have liked them to be but a set nonetheless!Im so stoked to own a Dave"Cobra" Parker figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If all of my SLs had it ,then yeah ,but just having one with it bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. goo gone will remove the sticker and the smudgy sticky spot it leaves behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive heard of that product,never seen it anywhere.The lighter fluid worked great and no fires were ignited in the process lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie