Marvel Superheroes ToyBiz - Iron Man

Another day,another action figure scratched off my want list.This figure takes me back to the early 90's.I was trying desperately to outgrow toys and be more of a ladies man.I mean my brother had girlfriends left and right and It was about time I  followed In his footsteps.Unfortunately Marvel ToyBiz happened.And damn It If these weren't the coolest freaking action figures EVER!I mean not since Secret Wars had I seen   a  Marvel superhero action figure,and these ones had removable gear!Wolverine had the removable mask,Magneto's helmet and this figure right here.I lost my marbles when I first laid eyes on this figure.Ohh the play possibilities! An Iron Man with removable armor!!!!!GTFO!Of course,back then It was easy to overlook the fact that Iron Man's helmet was wayyy too big for his body and that this figure could have easily passed for a bobblehead,but we were so jaded. 



Little ads and promotions like this were commonplace back then.Toy companies made crack pushers look like alter boys.Not only did they want you to buy up their action figures,they wanted you buy up the comics too.Which ,when you look at it,wasn't such a bad thing after all.Reading was good for us.        



Check this out!Is that a spider web?Sure looks like It.How does that happen?


Such a great Tony Stark head sculpt.Look at that 80's hair and mustache.


Here it looks like he's wearing one of those African neck elongating thingamajigs.


Ugh!So ugly It's beautiful!







Comments

  1. The did a line for the 1994 Iron Man animated series with removable gear- I think I had Iron Man, War Machine and Hawkeye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youre right!I had one for a bit but either sold it or traded it away.

      Delete
  2. cool one from that line would have been Century

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure I've left this comment before... but just in case I haven't... I flippin' love the packaging design on this product line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to touch on that but forgot.Yeah I carefully cut the bubbles off the cards.I keep the card backs even If they're a little bent or creased.They still look great.

      Delete
  4. Toybiz was a godsend! The DC ones however, totally sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fun Iron Man- I'm fond of those old ToyBiz action figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He really Is ,Colin!ToyBiz had a way of adding that play factor to all their action figures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie