I Found A Retro Legends Figure, In The Wild!

Every week I take a ride out to Buffalo to see my daughter. Each visit consists of a ride to McDonald's for lunch and then another down to the local Walmart for a makeup run. There's 2 Walmart's, actually, but we hit up the one closest to where she lives. On these runs, she'll typically go her way to find her cosmetics and I'll check out the toy aisle, and then we meet back up to shop in tandem. Unfortunately, my daughter usually has to put up with my "scalper" or "bare toy aisle" rant. I don't think she understands the pain and I doubt she ever will. Hopes of GI Joe Classified and Marvel Legends retro crushed by rows upon rows of Power Rangers and Godzilla figures can take it's toll.  I paid for my daughter's things and we exited as I licked my wounds and kicked rocks on the way to the car. I thought about going to the other store which was about 15 minutes away but decided not to. If it wasn't for my kid insisting on going because of a certain item she wanted from that particular site, I would have never stumbled across this Daredevil figure! There was one row of Legends retro. Iron Man was the peg warmer. I saw a Black Panther, Ice Man ( kind of wack looking) Elektra and this Daredevil. I only picked up one figure , as funds were limited, but it's the one figure from the line I really wanted. So there's that. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I think out of those figures, I would have grabbed the Black Panther. By the way... I love the saying "kicked rocks". My students taught me that one of my first years of teaching and I feel like they only used it for a year or two. I might have to toss that out to my current students and see if they still use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've yet to see any of these in person, and doubt that I ever will, but if I did come across some, I'd really try to get the Hulk and Daredevil figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices are starting to come down some on eBay. I've heard of these showing up in the clearance section at WalMart. Might be a nice place to check on your next trip.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, man. I was tempted to grab Black Panther. They are all great figures. And those card backs! BTW- it's a great saying😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome find. On a side note my family is from the Buffalo/ Chickawagga (spelled wrong i'm sure) area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! It's always a nice drive from where I am now in Rochester.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice find. Crazy to find something in the wild these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the find! Haven't seen any of these on the pegs at a retail store. Would grab some if I did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Spyda. I hope I'm lucky enough to bump into more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good looking figure and fun find!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified