Remco Mighty Crusaders - The Fox

This is kind of a weird thing. I feel like  I either owned or knew someone who owned this figure as a kid but can't remember exactly when this all happened. Heck It might just be a false memory for all I know. I could be confusing it with the Voltron Robeast Scorpious figure. Regardless, I'm really digging this line right now. Much like their Lost World of  Warlord line of action figures, REMCO took a not so popular Mighty Crusaders  comic book franchise and made toys out of them! From what I gathered, the original Mighty Crusaders comics of the 60's were written by Superman's co- creator Jerry Siegel. That lasted only 7 issues and then in 1983 Archie Comics affiliated Red Circle Comics revived the series. REMCO then produced an action figure line. The Fox is my favorite of the  8 that saw releases. I paid a little more than what I wanted to for it but I just had to have a complete specimen. The card back, even in poor condition is also nice to have for reference. I'm hoping the figure doesn't crumble in my hands when I decide to pull it out of it's 37 year old, Marlboro smoke stained clamshell 😂 Stay tuned for part two of this post!

Comments

  1. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who gets those feelings that I owned or knew someone that owned. Seems like that situation happens to me more and more frequently. As with the Marlboro, smoke stained clamshell... I've popped a few SLU's for the exact same reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, that plastic was a nasty shade of yellow! Sumt' fierce 😆

      Delete
  2. Very cool! This guy's got a nice assortment of accessories, an action feature, and an "Official" secret signaling shield? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remco is a highly underappreciated toy company that made some of the best figures in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with the line, but that is one good looking figure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember seeing these first on The Clawful Punch, an old toy blog I used to visit. They brought me back and I was sure I had them as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had "The Web" action figure and he was AWESOME! The Fox actually had a small comeback a few years ago with a new comic book put out by Archie's Red Circle and Dark Circle Comics imprints. It actually wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Im waiting on issue #1 to arrive in the mail 😉 I also picked up some of the older Mighty Crusaders comics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified