The Punisher Figure That Kept On Punishing

If you read my last post , then you know how disappointed I was with Marvel Universe Series 4 Punisher . It was kind of a bittersweet thing as the sculpt and overall aesthetics of the figure rocked  while the functionality did everything but . I may have come across cool in my post but inside I was nerd raging . I tend to flip out when shit like that happens ,hence the cutting of his leg holster strap . Which ,afterwards , I totally regretted because there's nothing I hate more than messing with the integrity of an action figure . Even with that leg strap cut , the left leg just kept coming off whenever I'd try to pose him . I ended up trying to to tighten the leg joint by adding a little Gorilla Glue but didn't expect  it to dry white ! I kick myself , again . Now I was  stuck with a defective ,otherwise great looking , Punisher action figure with a cut holster strap and visible white goop all over the left leg joint . I couldn't even bring myself to look at the figure anymore and just  tossed It In trash. Out of sight,out of mind . This was the only piece of the figure I kept...




I then found myself obsessing over It , lol! And when I obsess over something I tend to overcompensate . I now not only wanted another Series 4 Punisher ,but I also wanted the very first Series 1 figure as well. So ....



In pics,I wasn't too crazy about the giant looking head but in - hand I kind of dig it. As many of you already know,this sculpt was reused for the Series 1 third wave Punisher figure.






I know I said I hate messing with the integrity of an action figure but I just had to try this out . I think It works . Series 4 Punisher head on Series 1 and Target Exclusive  Punisher body.







Am I overcompensating ? A little . I currently have two more Punisher figures on the way ,one of them being the Series 4 figure that disappointed me so much In my last post . This time  I'm leaving It alone . No cutting , no alterations , no nuttin' . I will leave It as Is for display purposes only .

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about the Gorilla Glue. Are you going to just keep your new Series 4 figure in the package?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually picked up a loose one. Another carded figure would have been too expensive. I kept the weapons from the one I tossed and saved by picking up a loose incomplete figure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie