Stop And Smell The Toy !

Today I realized why I started collecting action figures ,again, as an adult  In the first place. I forgot how therapeutic It Is to simply pick up and pose an action figure. It hit me today while I was taking a closer look at my Ultimate Snake Eyes figure. I know lots of people talk about how blogging can be  so therapeutic and good for the soul. I don't disagree. But I collected before I blogged. Baseball cards, comics and action figures have been curing my ills way before I began posting about it.  Even now , when I'm feeling down  , I'll instinctively walk over to my display shelves to pose random action figures. It takes my mind off of whatever It is that may be  ailing me. The moral of the story here is - Just because your not posting about your collection as much, never take your collection for granted -Try to remember why you began collecting In the first place and enjoy the moment without having to stop, snap a pic and write about it.

Comments

  1. I currently own 5 toys (none of them action figures) Giant sized creature from the black lagoon and 4 living dead dolls. Once they sell I will have no toys at all. I found it very therapeutic to let them all go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn , sorry to hear that but at the same time happy that It worked out for u 👍 They say if you truly love something let it go.If down the road you find yourself surrounded by toys again then it was meant to be 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. I collected way before I blogged too. Both can be therapeutic at times... and both can be a source of stress for me. Luckily they're both mostly positive things in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right on , Fuji ;) Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree - thanks for reminding us about the simple pleasures of toy collecting. For a second I thought the post would be about the fresh smell of plastic when you open a toy. I have a vintage Kenner Star Wars figure....considered smelling the fresh plastic when opening it, but probably shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah ,leave that puppy sealed !Open a Power of the Force figure If you have any 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie