Back To School !

It's that time of year again!The air turns a little crisper and the leaves on the trees more brittle.Big yellow school buses with  outstretched Stop signs congest what used to be  free flowing summer traffic and the days become shorter.Funny how as a kid I hated the first day of school.Just the thought of It filled my stomach with uncontrollable vomit inducing butterflies. All of my favorite shows interrupted by stinky back-to-school commercials and bouts of  anticipatory anxiety  on Sundays.Look It up,It's actually a thing.Today,as a parent ,I can appreciate the change of pace.It takes a little getting used to but after the first week or so you're back into the swing of things.Collecting takes a backseat,pretty much,well for me anyways.Things like lunch money,school supplies and fund raisers  always take precedent this time of year and lets not forget about the old gas tank.Taking and picking up your kid from school ,practice,dances and assemblies  quickly takes a toll on that.All well worth It,though,considering the little bit of free time you get to enjoy in between. First days of school also signal the arrival of the  holiday seasons!Starting with Halloween (not really a holiday,I know) .My local grocery store has already filled the shelves with monster themed cereals. Pop up costume shops have mysteriously appeared In strip malls everywhere  , seemingly  overnight and most Dollar Trees have already  begun decking their halls with Halloween propaganda.If that doesn't make you a little giddy inside than surely the start of the NFL season and the MLB playoffs will ;) I know ,Isn't It great!?!Later on  comes the ultimate test of human endurance.Thanksgiving and X-Mas!If we survive those two then we can celebrate on New Years !If not,to hell with It ,celebrate anyways.Things should get back up to speed shortly here on 2 Minute Toy Break.Meaning actual action figure posts are imminent.But until then,here's an exciting photo of an  old pencil sharpener.Remember when  we used to purposely break our pencil tips  just to be able to get out of our seats and sharpen them?Good times!







Comments

  1. I'm sure my students are still purposely breaking their pencil tips to use my sharpener ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old elementary school was torn down last year. Before the tear down began, they allowed all alumni to walk through one final time and take anything they wanted. My buddy went and sent me a sharpener like that, along with an old chalk board eraser, and...wait for it....a bag of that orange sawdust that was used to cover vomit. Yes, vomit dust. I love fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😄Hands down,comment of the day!That's pretty cool of the school to let you guys rummage for souvenirs.

      Delete
  3. You read my mind. Just wanted out of my seat and that was the get out of jail free card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt!It was either that or the nurses office lol.

      Delete
  4. Funny how a school year seemed like a lifetime and now you blink and...oops!.. ten years just passed by.

    Blessed be the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really did ,man!I remember sitting In class,looking at the round clock on the wall.Sometimes even that felt like a lifetime. That's why assemblies and field trips were the best!They cut into the monotony of an otherwise boring school day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified