New SLU Acquisitions

I realized something while collecting SLU baseball figures.The American League was stacked with pure power hitters in the late 80s and for most of the 90s.I've been trying to keep it even steven  but it's hard to find as many big names in the NL .That's what makes It  difficult for me to just stop collecting them.The compulsive side of me needs to balance out both leagues with as many big names as I can track down.Stay tuned as the madness is sure to continue!


There's something about Kenner's SLU head sculpts that capture the essence of an action figure while staying true to the real life  players they portray.It's like,If  MLB had a  cartoon series ,this is what they'd look like.

Ryne Sandberg

Albert Belle

Greg Vaughn

Tom Glavine 

Juan Gonzalez

Comments

  1. Nice to see Belle in this mix. He was one of the AL's best hitters for a span of six or seven years back in the 90's. In fact... I just ran out and picked up one of his graded rookie cards last week... because they're so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juan Gonzalez,Belle,Kevin Maas Greg and Mo Vaughn are all guys I'd like to get graded rc's of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... now that you mention it. I kinda want a Juan Gone graded rookie card too. Not sure which one I'd chase though.

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I now need to collect those Angels posters too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was gonna show them on this post.They're really cool except for the creases In them.Still a very nice addition to the player card and figure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified