Captain Power!

I finally added the star of the 1987 live action series ,Captain Power ,to my collection.As a kid ,I genuinely enjoyed this show and toy line.There was nothing generic or knock off-ish about It.This was the real deal and a nice change of pace from the Joes I had been collecting and hoarding at the time.I never purchased   any of the VHS tapes or vehicles but remember really liking the original line of action figures.I'm missing his blaster ,which to me Is critical to have as It was an integral part of  the character.Sometime down the line I'll snag one up as well as the rest of this line.


Comments

  1. Good stuff. Graphic on the chest lens looks to be in pristine condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats precisely why I jumped at this one.Even if he did come without his trademark blaster.Lots of these on ebay have scratched out or missing emblems.

      Delete
  2. I loved Captain Power! I had him as a kid. I Think he was the only one I had! Someday I hope to add him to my collection as well! Great addition to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexis.I Had him ,Masterson and the sky sentry.

      Delete
  3. Every one of these I have are in horrible condition.The vacumeplating doesn't hold up well when the figures are stored in a box loose with other figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought Hawk and the sentry's carded but the integrity of the plastic seemed to have deteriorated over time while inside their packaging.It was the strangest thing,the weapons and accessories practically crumbled If you handled them too much.Hawk's wings snapped as well as his guns.I don't know If that was an isolated incident or If all carded Captain Power figs are the same.Makes me reluctant to get any more MOC ones. I will,however,go after loose figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toys (plastic) need to "breath" in general. If you store them too long in a sealed condition (on the card or behind air tight displays) they will deteriorate faster.

      Delete
    2. I figured It had to do with that,being on card for so long .

      Delete
  5. Sadly never got this one back in the days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think the line lasted very long.Probably why you missed out on it .The show was way ahead of its time imo.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified