Swiffer "One and Done" Diorama Update

So  I took Fuji's advice and painted my Swiffer box.I was going for all white but the blue bled through a little too much ,so I decided to blend In a little black to give It a worn metal appearance.



Next,I'll take some of this All Purpose Compound and spread It on the floor and upper part  of  Swiffer box .This stuff Is cool because It dries quickly and stays In place.Once It fully dries ,depending on what colors you use,you could give It a sand or snow appearance.I'm doing a  winter scene.



Once you have your compound spread out,dab at It with a brillo pad or crumpled up napkin to give It a nice,textured look.





I left the center open because I plan  on placing an LED battery operated light at the top .To get the icicle effect,just spread the compound on top and dab at it with your finger.This should give you the effect.

Here's the finished product sans the LED.Once the compound dries completely ,I'll go over It with a light blue and white to give it more of an Icy vibe.One thing I forgot to mention and take a picture of Is the plastic, clear cover on the Swiffer box.This can be used to cover the entire Dio ,encasing your figures If you choose to mount on wall or just give It a more dynamic look.What do you guys think?






Comments

  1. Great job! Could be Echo Base or the Wampa cave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji :)I'll get you collecting 3 3/4 action figures ,yet ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome idea. Will have to try that. Wife is wondering why I've been swiffering like crazy the last 24 hours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA!It's a win win Jigsaw.You get a cool dio and very clean floors in the process!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified