1992 Marvel Toybiz - Human Torch (Fireball Flinging)

I'm about three figures away from wrapping up posting about Derek's  gift box of action figure awesomeness!Saving the best for last!Here we have 1992 Toy-biz Marvel Super Heroes Human Torch.When Toy-biz began releasing Marvel action  figures In the early 90's,I was kind of bummed because I was just getting to that age where keeping and playing with your toys was frowned upon by pretty much every other "normal" and "cool" 15 year old.I can't front ,though,I loved the shit out of them!Not so much the obscure characters,but the main guys like Punisher,X-Men,Fantastic 4,Spider-Man, etc.It truly was a dream come true for kids who grew up with the limited cast of  Marvel Secret Wars figures of the 80's.The Human Torch Is a figure I would have loved to have as a kid and am happy to have now.Oh the fun I would have had starting pretend fires around the house with Flinging Fireballin' Human Torch in hand yelling "Stop,Drop and Roll Bi*%#!"All jokes aside,what I love the most about this figure Is that It's the first 3 3/4 toy rendition of The Human Torch (correct me If I'm wrong). Mego did release a Torch dollie but that's about It.I just like to be able to say that I have the first 3 3/4 Human Torch action figure.It's like having their rookie card.





"JERRY,JERRY,JERRY,JERRY...!"


Here's Torch holding onto a miscellaneous  flaming projectile thingie I grabbed from a stash of random accessories. 



FLAME ON!






Comments

  1. I've always felt like the Human Torch is a really hard design to convert to a 3D toy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed.A Johnny Storm figure with snap on flames might have been cool.

      Delete
  2. Fireball flinging? At least it isn´t poo flinging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,then they'd have to change his name to the human stench.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie