GI Joe Retro 3.75 Duke

I was out with my daughter today at our local Walmart when I stumbled across this badly beaten up and creased  GI Joe Retro Duke figure.  I needed a classic styled 3.75 Duke and while this was far from my preferred version, It was readily available for purchase. In fact, It was the only GI Joe product on the shelf. These days, ya gotta pull the trigger on anything Joe related if your lucky enough to come across it in the wild. I don't have a classic styled 3.75 figure so this one will at least be a place holder until something better comes along. 

He's not a horrible figure but not a great one either. The plastic seems a little gummier than the 25th anniversary figures. Also, the screaming effect molded onto the head sculpt is odd. I know what they were trying to go for but it doesn't hit the mark exactly. If you put him in a running pose It doesn't look bad and when on display it works. But if you're a kid playing with this figure the yelling gimmick will probably get to you. I was lucky enough to have a spare jet pack to equip him with. This version of  Duke comes with the popular style of rifle often  used in the cartoon series. He also comes with a handgun, helmet and harness.

Comments

  1. The head sculpt is a little weird... but the rest of the figure seems okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can always do a head swap but yeah, the general sculpt and paint scheme of the figure isn't so bad. I'm at a stage where displayability takes precedent over playability as I'm really not doing many photo shoots with the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminded me of the other day when I found one lone Marvel Retro figure of Iron Man at Walmart (which made me think of you btw). It's the first one I've seen, and would've bought it despite the beat-up package, but it had a really bad paint job, and I knew that I would never be able to not see the couple of flecks on his face, so with a heavy heart I left him behind. It wasn't cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah that blows! Luckily I'm not a mint on card collector so as long as the figure looks good in the packaging, I'm good. Much like you, bad paint apps is where I draw the line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Figure sculpt is OK - but hey, finding something in the wild is half the battle. Right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified