The Creative Process

I'll be the first to admit it. Sometimes, just a pic and a post is alot more up my alley. Especially on days where  I have no desire, whatsoever, to write anything. Other times I'm completely in the mood to wax poetic about everything from childhood related stories to miscellaneous rants about newly released action figures that apparently only exist online. Writing is a process, though, isn't it? With me, it always starts with a cup of coffee. That always seems to get the brain firing on all cylinders. Then I begin to creepily stare at my action figures while 80s soft rock plays eerily in the background. I know, It sounds very  Ed Kemper / Hannibal Lecter - like but I assure you I don't get down like that 😂 Love the movies, though! But I digress. The perfect combination of  caffeine, calming cadence and carefully curated classic action figure collection usually translate into what is, most of the time, a well thought out action figure post. For me, anyways. What about you guys?  What's your motivation? What's your creative process? 

Comments

  1. It has been very hard to get motivated to post these days for me... there are a lot of things I want to do, reviews of new figure purchases... reviews of toys I have acquired... But it hard to start the process and follow through when there are so many other things weighing on me. I decided to video my most recent toy hunt and post it.

    I am going to try to get back into the swing of things as soon as I can get my life organized better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you, man. Hope everything pans out for you✌️ Inspiration can be hard to come by these days. When I feel it coming on I make sure to seize that moment before it goes away.

      BTW- I'll definitely be stopping by to check out your latest toy hunt vid👍

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I see a card and it motivates me to write. Other times it's stuff going on in my life or in the sports world. And then there are the moments when I see something on another blog that I borrow and run with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outside motivation helps immensely and we all need that occasional push. Although, sometimes I feel It has to come from within. Idk, it feels more genuine that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My motivation is to share some of my childhood toys and experiences in the hopes that it sparks some long lost memories in a reader. Also, it's not a bad way to preserve some memories that may have been lost over time. TURTLE POWER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Service to others. Always a good thing👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every toy I buy, I have an end state diorama project in mind. Now, I rarely have the time to do these dioramas, so you'll see a lot of my posts are simply packaged photos and then loose posed photos. The dioramas really get me energized. I certainly like to share them in the hopes that it energizes or prompts some nostalgia or fun for others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dioramas really bring the action figure to life and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have ideas float through my head throughout the day, and I jot them down in a notebook I carry. But then when I get the time to write something, I may no longer feel the urge to write about THAT. So I'll look up and down my list and something will usually jump out at me that I made a note of at a previous time, and I'll write about that instead. It's a crazy process. But I'm with you on the cup of coffee thing. When I do get the chance to write, it's usually in the early morning and having that hot cup of coffee really helps things along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, come to think of it, I can't do much of anything without that first cup of coffee in the morning. But it definitely fuels the creative process. Thanks for stopping by, Mickey✌️

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the notebook approach btw!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Recent Pick Ups!