Pop Culture Jibber Jabber

What's with the G.I. Joe franchise and why Isn't Hasbro doing something about  It?It's crazy because with all the advancements In our military ,amazing technology and possible real world tie- ins ,you would think they'd have enough fodder to be able to spit out G.I. Joe films on a yearly basis.Heck, I'd even settle for a Netflix series ala Agents of Shield.Give us something,Hasbro.Something!




Anybody else think Marvel films have become a little too comedy heavy?Yeah,the writing Is great.So are most of the jokes.But,not every character In the Marvel Universe has a sense of humor .While I'm not the biggest fan of FOX's line of X-Men films,I can appreciate the seriousness about them.




Speaking of Marvel and Hasbro,where are the 3 3/4 figures?It seems like It will only be Marvel Legends 6 inch figures and larger from here on out.That sucks,too,because I really wanted a 3 3/4 Beyonder figure for my collection.


That's It for this edition of Pop Culture Jibber Jabber.Stay tuned, more pointless and rhetorical rants after these awesome 80's commercial messages ;) 



Comments

  1. I don't mind the bits of comedy here and there in the new Marvel films, but I can understand where you're coming from. Luke's comedic bits in The Last Jedi were a bit too much for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all right when you don't see It coming.But It's gotten to the point where you can expect a pun or joke every two or three lines.A laugh here and there doesn't hurt but too much Is too much.If I'm not mistaken,I think Netflix has Thor Ragnarok listed as a comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really into the MCU films, I just can't get past the CGI, that's the part that's too much for me. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more 3 3/4 figures though, and I want them for all kinds of properties, not just Marvel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting that you mention the military for G.I. Joe films or series because this is what actually killed Retaliation for me. It was too military. Take away all the names, and you just have a generic army film. It didn't feel like G.I. Joe at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well,GI Joe is military .Take that away and your left with...well...ordinary Joes.I look at it from the opposite side.Yes,take away the big names ,especially Channing Tatum ,and have a bunch of young solid up and comers play the roles of our favorite Joes instead.Generic military films suck,i agree.But great ones do exist and can be made.

      Delete
  5. I actually dig the cgi although sometimes its downright blinding lol.Maybe im just getting old.Watching Black Panther was like being on an amusement park ride.Dizzying but a good film overall.Not alot of humor in that one.And YES!More 3 3/4 articulated figures please!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Pop Culture League Assignment - Shelfie