Quick!Call An Exterminator!

With summer time right around the corner,so too are the hordes of insects that come along with It.Today I found one In my mailbox.And now It's sitting  on my toy shelf!It is an honor to finally add an Insecticon (reissue) to my vintage toy collection.I'm back peddling on my stance on reissued action figures.I'm going to make an exception for G1 Transformers and If Hasbro ever decides to reissue G.I. Joe ARAH figures ,them too.I say this because many of the originals are so beat up and lack that polished vac metal that the newer, reissued figures, have maintained over the years.





Shrapnel here even came with a famed energon cube that  fits nicely In his chest compartment!





I'm not absolutely positive,but I think this was a TRU exclusive , released back in 2004.I could be totally wrong,though.Regardless,It's a perfect representation of the vintage Shrapnel from 1985 and looks absolutely fantastic on display!I had all three Insecticons as a kid .They weren't hard to find.I can remember seeing them pretty much everywhere they sold toys.I may have gotten all of mine from the local CVS .Come to think of It,I got a lot of my toys from CVS as a kid. Now I've gotta track down Bombshell and Kickback!

Comments

  1. Never collected Transformers but always loved the Insecticons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never a big Transformers fan,but I liked them enough as a kid to pick up some of the smaller ,more popular figures.

      Delete
  2. I spy Powerglide! Seeing him brings back some memories. Don't think I ever owned any Insecticons though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,Powerglide Is actually the only vintage TF I own.The other ones you see In that group shot are reissues.

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't mind getting the reissued Transformers but they are priced way too high for my budget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have them on my ebay watch list.Occasionally they drop In price and that's when I scoop them up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified