Vintage Figure Of The Day (Flashback Edition)

This is one of the first toys I can remember playing with as a kid.I had to be around 5 years old .Star Wars was In full swing at the time but I didn't need no stinking Star Wars figures ,(actually I hated on every kid who had official Star Wars toys)I had this beauty!Yeah,most kids wanted Star Wars at the time but Fisher Price filled that void for me.I actually had a beat up X Wing that I would have my Fisher Price astronaut commandeer.That said,the Alpha Interceptor was nothing to sneeze at. I loved how the pod would rotate and  detach from the base.It reminded me of the little ship that flew out of Mazinger Z' s head in the cartoons.It feels great having this thing In my hands again,after soooo many years.

1982 Fisher Price Alpha Interceptor 








Comments

  1. I can see why a five year old would've loved this so much, it's pretty cool even now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tons of play value with this thing,Jon.Not pictured is the plastic hose that attaches to the ship and figure.That was alot of fun to play with as a kid. Unfortunately this one came sans accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually had the little round ship for years. I found it somewhere as a kid (maybe at a yard sale or maybe just abandoned at a park or something). I actually didn't know what it was for years! I used it with my Star Wars figures in the mid 90s during the POTF2 era but I finally sold it to someone a year or two ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what was so great about sets like this.The way you could repurpose the vehicles and figures.Another great thing Fisher Price did was not stamp the words "Fisher Price" all over the vehicles.This made them somewhat of a blank canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never seen these before, but they're cool. I was the kid who was playing with Star Wars figures. I was pretty obsessed with my Star Wars toys from their release to about 1982/1983.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup,I would have hated on ya 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Adventure People. Never had the space sets as a kid but they look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fisher Price Adventure People was and still remains a very underrated action figure line. Great find not only for the coolness factor, but also for the nostalgia. My fave figures from the line had to be Brainoid and Astro Knight! Would love to get my hands on those toys again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had many growing up.Just this set and that helmet wearing motorcycle dude.My older cousins had a bunch of them,though.

      Delete
  9. I always loved that the Adventre People were the same scale as the Star Wars people so they interacted a lot together in my play as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes,especially the space sets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved Adventure People as a kid in the '70s!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember seeing them everywhere.Every kid in the 70s to early 80s had to have owned at least one.Either by way of direct purchase or hand me down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified