Zak Storm - Sino Island Playset

Sometimes,while scrolling through ebay ,I'll throw the word "playsets" into the search query and occasionally something cool catches my eye. I knew nothing about Zak Storm   when I stumbled upon this playset ,but really liked the aesthetics.More than that,I liked the price,$7.69 shipped.Here's the link to the vendor If after you read this post,you're interested.

(Oh look they lowered the price,but It might be the last one.Not to worry ,there are dozens more selling for about the same price by other vendors.)


I have to admit to being a little scared once I had the box In hand.Looking at the figure through the window,It  was alot smaller than I expected which meant that the playset was probably going to be small as well.


Here Is everything you get.And once I saw the pieces ,my pessimism slowly began to fade.I might have gotten lucky after all!Well yes and no.


Next to Zak Storm ,the playset looks normal.The figure Is really tiny.But that's not what I wanted this set for.How would 3 3/4 figures look with it?


Not great,but not horrible either.What do you guys think?The crystals at the top are cool as heck.They are removable and are made of a translucent rubber.
  


The trap ice door opens up top  ,causing the icicles on the bottom to entrap whoever's In there.Unfortunately ,most 3 3/4 figures will not fit In any of the caves unless you sit them down or bend them over. 


The ledges are wide enough to place figures on .





Another cool play feature Is the break away floor.






Another positive Is the fact that It's sculpted all the way around ,so your not getting some cheap hollowed out mountain playset.  







Lets reenact Captain America breaking free out of his cryogenic frozen sleep. 



I really like the fact that you can remove the crystals .Great for pic purposes.


Loyal Subjects work well with the set.Not surprising as they are pretty small figures.Watch as the Cobra trooper  steps right into Snake Eyes and Beach head's trap!




This next pic Is for Brother Midnight.As you can see ,MOTU scaled figs look pretty huge next to this set.Still,It doesn't look bad as a backdrop.
    

As for the Zak Storm figure?He surprised me.I actually like It.It's not In any conventional scale,I think he stands 3 inches even.He's nicely articulated ,too.





In the end,Zak looks the best and works the  most with this set.And it's only fitting.I don't know If I'll go after any other figures In the line.After all,I just wanted this for the ice mountain.This set works well for pictures ,especially close ups.The removable Ice crystals are a nice addition and being able to move them around can add an extra dimension to your toy pics, If you do decide to pick this up.Even If you just want It for the playset and Zak Storm figure,for what It's going for right now on ebay,I think It's well worth It.



Comments

  1. I have never heard of Zak Storm before but I'm a sucker for a playset ,we will see what I can do with it in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fun set.I haven't had this much fun taking pics In a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to finally order something off ebay :O lol this looks pretty cool and the scale with 3 3/4 isn't that bad and i eventually want to pick up some sw hoth costume figures so this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice playset. Very versatile. Fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ,buddy.For the price ,totally worth It.I don't have one,but a Crystar figure would look insane with this set.

      Delete
  5. Way to think out of the box. One crappy playset plus cool figures equals awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not crappy playset....Crappy toy line.

      Delete
    2. I don't have any of the other figures to go off of but the figure that came with this set Is o.k.If your looking for a cheap line to collect,this Is It.There's a really cool pirate ship ,too!Still,I picked It up just for the play set and while I wish It was a little bigger ,I can still get some neat pics out of it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified

Recent Pick Ups!