More Doc Ock Figures Than One Man Should Be Allowed To Have

I've been picking off  ToyBiz figures left and right ,finding them pretty cheap carded on Ebay. Hopefully the prices will remain  the same until I'm able to pick up the main figs I'm after.Today we look at Doctor Octopus.



No,this Isn't a Reaction figure.In fact,these days Reaction figures tend to be pretty articulated.But yeah,this Is none other than Doc Ock!Albeit,a slimmed down version. As much as I disliked these figures back then,I totally love them now.He looks so cheezy but yet and still you know It's Doctor Octopus when you look at him.It's all there.The bowl cut ,the glasses ,the tentacles.Speaking of,I was afraid that the tentacles would be flimsy and too fragile to play with.But no,they are actually pretty damn functional.You can even have Ock suspended In air because of how good the bend-em tentacles stay In place.


I know have quite the 3 3/4 Doctor Octopus figure collection.Not on purpose,either.Here they are ,chronologically displayed from left to right.

1988 Mattel Marvel Secret Wars,1991 Marvel Superheroes ToyBiz,2006 ToyBiz and 2015 Marvel Infinite Series.

Believe It or not ,the Marvel Showdown Is my fav of the 4,beating out  Secret Wars Doc Ock. Brother Midnight sent me that one and I have yet to do a post on him.It's In the works ,though. 


I like the way this line looks with the Tim Mee Battle Mountain playset.


Battle of the suction cups!They look like they work for a glass company.



That just about wraps things up here.Hope everyone has a happy 4th.Catch ya later! 


Comments

  1. I loved that Doc Ock figure! My fave still has to be his Secret Wars figure though. I can't believe you have one that still has the tentacles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky,man.I try not to mess with that particular figure too much because of the tentacles being so fragile.One day I might just place them all in protective cases.

      Delete
  2. Not sure how I feel about the suction cup function... but the more I see these 1993 Toy Biz Marvel Super Heroes packaging... the more I like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvel Legends has a wave of figures commemorating this cardback.It's fairly recent and the figures can be had for a decent price.Yeah,I hated the suction cups as a kid although It didn't bother me as much with Doc Ock as It did with Spidey. Today It doesn't bug me at all as these are purely just a source of nostalgia for me.

      Delete
    2. A quick Google search led me to the series. I've got Spiderman w/pizza slice in my crosshairs.

      Delete
  3. HAd all of the toybiz run back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta get back to the states ,Matt.All your childhood toys are waiting for you ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified