Saturday, March 25, 2017

Curating



Curate ; 

select, organize, and look after the items in (a collection or exhibition).

"both exhibitions are curated by the museum's director"


Lets  start with the first one.How do I select my collection or items In my collection?


Very simple. 95 % of It  has to have some kind of childhood connection.I had to have at least owned It or wanted It real bad as a kid.Although lately I've been restricting myself ,only acquiring vintage that I owned as a kid.The other 5% Is made up of miscellaneous things that I just think are cool.



Second,how do I organize?


I guess you could count displaying as organizing as everything that I have displayed Is bunched together according to the line.All my Joes together,all my Marvel Universe together and so on and so forth.I'm too ocd to have It any other way.Once In a while I'll mix a Joe into my Marvel Universe display and vice versa ,but for the most part my figures are segregated.


And last,how do I look after my collection?

Obsessively!Seriously,If I'm asleep and something tips over,I'll hear It,jump out of bed and race to my display to fix it.That's kind of insane,I know.I'm constantly looking to see what might be out of place,who's weapon fell out of whos hands and  what shelf has been collecting the most dust.


Tune In to see how others go about managing their collections!


Alexis doesn't like to stay In one spot ;)

Mr.Smith improvises when situations get dusty!


2 comments:

  1. I like how you did this week's question, it actually helped me with mine. One thing I do need to comment on is how I am lucky that my OCD makes me switch my collection around as I can avoid the dreaded dust lol. Also I can relate with the figures falling as I need to fix em if I hear or notice them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit to having to look up the meaning of the word.I've only heard it used in terms of meats and foods.I'm just a dumb,dumb I guess XP

    ReplyDelete