This Just Happened 🙏

I don't exactly know how to start this post.  I'm absolutely floored at the moment , as I try to take in all of this action figure greatness sitting in front of me. I've been stuck between a rock and a hard place these past few weeks due to irreconcilable differences that have landed me apart from my family for the first time in 14 years. I won't get into it but needless to say it hasn't been easy. I'm currently back with my parents, helping them get back to normal and doing all of their running around for them during these crazy times while simultaneously trying to cope with issues in my personal life. Who would have thought that the very same basement I helped my dad renovate into pretty much another apartment years ago would be the place I'd be living in today. I'm as good as I can be , though, and just taking things one day at a time. My daughter coming to visit on the weekends helps with that tremendously. I also have The Walking Dead series to thank, for helping me get through, as I've been watching a whole damn lot of it. Recently, fellow blogger GI Jigsaw sent me a care package with a couple of figures and one of them was Rick Grimes. It was a pick-me-up and an incredibly kind act on his part. I couldn't thank him enough. I instantly knew that I had to add some more WD figs to my display, just didn't know exactly how I would do it.  And then I get an email a couple of days ago and today this happened..
To say that Jigs went above and beyond here would be a huge understatement. Fucking incredible. Just, fucking incredible. A million thanks my friend 🙏 And I'm sorry about the sob story. I don't have many people to reach out to these days and consider you guys to be more of a friend to me than anybody I know locally. So I not only want to thank Jigs but I want to thank you guys for allowing me this opportunity to vent. All 10 of you 😝 This blog, your blogs , comments and comradery have helped me through alot of tough times. If I could, I'd buy each and every one of you a MOTU Classics Snake Mountain 😂  Have you seen that thing?!? In all seriousness, thank you. 

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about what you're going through. Been there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you TB. Hate that you went through it , too. Hate that anybody has to go through it. Sometimes the best thing to do is also the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things get better for you and your family soon. This has been a rough year for a lot of people around the globe, but one thing I've tried to do is focus on the positives. The kindness and thoughtfulness of others definitely fits the bill. This was a very cool care package. That Daryl and the chopper is sweet! You are gonna have one helluva WD shelf or badass display.

    P.S. That Snake Mountain is insanely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Fuji. I may have to do some rearranging now. These figures deserve their own display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that we've never interacted outside of some blog comments, but if you ever want/need someone to talk to, you can email (jtef82@gmail) me anytime. You seem like such good people, so it's kind of hard to imagine you in such a situation. And like Fuji said, the year's been rough on so many people, and in so many different ways, I really hope that things will start improving for everyone, including you and yours.

    By the by, that was an amazing package to send. I can honestly say that it might just be the most impressive RAK that I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that, Jon. Honestly 👍 And I agree! That Daryl w/ Chopper really blew me away, along with all of the other awesomeness!

      Delete
  6. We're all in this together. I swear, if I didn't have this hobby, I might go nuts. I think I've always enjoyed it because it takes me back to the fun and happiness I had as a kid whenever I got a new Star Wars or GI Joe figure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jigs✌️It may sound silly to think toys could fill the kind of void a situation like mine can leave in someone's life, but everything helps. I think, as collectors, we're lucky to have at least that to turn to . Aside from other outlets and family members, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear all the stuff you are going through man. I don't really know you well to comment on that heavy stuff but I like your attitude when you talk about the things you like and you share here with us.

    I hope everything turns out to be better for you and your family.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a million , Kanov🙏✌️Much appreciated 😔

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear this, I have had my life uprooted before (I was homeless for 5 years) and I know it's different than what your going through but I can understand. Know that i'm here for you and if you need to talk you can contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That means alot, Alexis 🙏 Thanks so much. Glad you were able to make it through your predicament. We all learn as we go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know it's hard, but you gotta stay positive and you will make it through this. I hope things start turning around for you soon. Been going through some boxes of stuff recently and set aside a few items that may or may not be heading your way! Keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the positive vibes, Spyda! The world needs more of it. It's all good,bro,wouldn't want to imposition you. You guys showing up and commenting means alot. Again,thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Go! Games and Toys

A GI Joe Post That's Not Classified